View Single Post
      10-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #23
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by YolkyPalky View Post
I've never thought of "M" cars as "uber luxury". In fact, I'd say the interior of M cars just barely makes the cut into luxury category (however it may be defined).

Secondly, regarding driving fun, the M cars are kick-ass responsive machines....once you get them into the power range of 3,000 RPM +.

However, they have always sucked in the low end in my opinion. I'm not trolling here, I've been an original owner of both a '02 E46 M3 and currently a '11 E90 M3. The low-end power/torque leaves a lot to be desired. I think the turbos in the new F80 make the entire RPM range kick ass!
Now that's where we differ. While low end TQ can initially be seductive in the long run for me it becomes rather boring compared to an engine that starts off timid and then pulls harder and harder towards a high redline. I find diesels and electric cars with huge TQ boring. I also ride race bikes so I'm used to and prefer peaky engines.

"I've never thought of "M" cars as "uber luxury"." Me neither until the new M5 and M6. Have you driven them? They are definately uber luxurious both in appointments, options and ride. I've driven the GC, vert and coupe. Beautiful,comfy cars.

Last edited by solstice; 10-19-2013 at 08:40 PM..
Appreciate 0