jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by watrob View Post
Couple things,

Did you get the latest Bluetooth update from www.bmw.com/bluetooth , enter your VIN and put the firmware bin file on a USB stick and upload the file into your iDrive via the BMW Firmware Update section.

Messages will only work as the email part of the new IOS 6 pushing emails thru to the iDrive has a bug.

Under Settings, Bluetooth in your iPhone, go to the devices connected where it shows your BMW has paired, open that and turn on "Show Notifications".

Then under Settings in your iPhone go to "Notications" then under each heading "Phone" "Messages" "Mail" make sure you have the following turned on:
Notification Centre ON
Alert Style Alerts
Badge App Icon ON
Show Preview ON
View in Locked Screen ON

The messages will only transfer to your idrive when your iPhone goes to sleep and has a blank screen (Locked) hence the View in Locked Screen, without this setting and your iphone has turned itself to Locked will the message be transferred, if you open the iPhone to view the messages they won't transfer to the iDrive, iPhone must turn itself to lock so set your iPhone to lock after 1 Minute in settings.

Emails are the same but that has a bug at the moment.

I had indeed gotten the latest Bluetooth update a while back (seems I'm still current) but the trick was enabling Show Notifications in the Bluetooth pairing options for my car on the phone. Funny, I did actually look there for anything promising and could've sworn it was originally on -- oh well, it's late over here. But it now works!

I then noticed that there wasn't a way to delete the text messages from iDrive. Reading them on iDrive or the phone didn't, and I wanted a way to get them off iDrive without deleting the message from the phone. Turns out that they're cleared out when you turn the car off. Not intuitive, but I guess it makes sense.

I'm not worried about the email bug. I don't even have Mail enabled in Notification Center because like I said above, I'm already too much of a slave to email, so seeing it in my car would crush the fun I have when I'm driving. But thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 09-15-2012 at 08:37 AM..
Appreciate 0