Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
I'm fully in agreement, the colour in the first image is better, but the detail and shadow detail in the second picture make it look more realistic. If you can find a way to bring the colours of the first pic into the second without muting it out, it would be perfect.

maybe play with the contrast bar a bit in your post processing for the second picture, it may bring a bit more pop to the colours.
I'm finding that most people, including potential buyers, are more impressed by vivid colors than they are by accurate colors. The second image is actually much closer to the actual scene (bright morning sun at 5400-ft above sea level and almost no clouds). I love the blues and greens in the first, but they were not that luxurious in real life at this moment.

BTW, I've got the Contrast pushed up into the +30 or +40 range already in my own brew. That's part of my quest to bring out detail. I've also pulled the RGB curve down in the middle, added a touch of vibrance. Both are just a tick below blowing out highlights at the leading edge of the right wing, believe it or not. The levels look considerably different to my eyes, but the highlights are about the same degree away from blowout in both.

Yes, I could use a Better-Beemer (not a BMW) to fill-flash, but I always see the flash in others' images and hate it when I can detect it. At these distances (20 to 30-yards), even in this bright light, it's really hard to get the flash power just right.

Thanks for the feedback.

Dave