07-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #81
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
Rolling the fenders is no big deal...I had it done....as long as it's done by someone who knows what they're doing...it's a great option.

OK....so you haven't taken my advice and read up in the suspension section, lol..

When someone says KW...they're talking about a coilover setup. So that's a spring/shocks combo. And if you purchased KW's...V1/2 or 3...you could raise/lower them. So you could actually raise your car higher than stock (I think this is correct) or drop it VERY low...like almost sitting on the ground literally. You can do that with any of the three....V1's you can ONLY raise/drop. V2's you can change the dampening....from soft to stiff. I think the only difference with V3's is you have camber adjustability (plates). This applies to most coilovers. Most come with all options. But KW's are pretty much the middle as far as quality.

When someone mentions Eibachs...they are only talking springs....even though eibach does have a coil kit for our cars...but I think they are very rare on this forum. It's funny cause I was just looking at this kit in a magazine and wondering why you don't hear about more people getting that setup. Eibach is a very reputable company with quality products.

Shocks cannot drop the car...only springs...just in case you didn't know that....

The one thing that you can't argue with about coilovers...you're buying a spring/shock combo that were designed together and SHOULD be matched perfectly....