View Single Post
      09-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #37
phx08
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MKV Jetta

Okay, first thing in first aid is asking the question; is the area safe for me? I honestly think the fire should have been extinguished before trying to do anything with the victim. Once that was done first aid can start. Another thing with moving the victim like they did (quickly and without regard for head movement) is that this could have led to serious injury to the spine or in some cases I've seen it can actually kill a person that otherwise could have been saved if they were transported correctly. So again....the fire should have been extinguished before doing anything.

IF (this situation was probably a one off) anything in the car or on the motorcycle combusted violently that would have been 5-7 more people injured or even worse....Dead.

Either way props to the people who lifted that car and saved the person....all odds were with them.

PS. If the police officers saw visible signs of NORMAL breathing, there would be no need to perform CPR. Instead the primary survey for first aid should have been started.
Appreciate 0