Cyprus
Rep
Drives: a white bmw

Garage List
2010 BMW E92  [8.54]
2007 e90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
Yes cars were made for driving, and then people found a way to create recreation out of them with racing and created a new class of the original product. The same thing has happened with firearms. They were created to kill and someone has found a way to make recreation out of them with non violent competitions that isn't the original intention.

When was the last time a competitive shooter committed murder?

Alcohol kills more people every day than bullets, but it is still legal.
look i`m not saying that everyone who buys a gun is for commiting a murder.
The problem i believe lies in the peoples mentality as well as society/tv/family/school etc.
for example, in Cyprus were i live, we all have guns and bullets provided to us by the army and shotguns for hunting which anyone can buy with the proper license. So my 14 year old nephew can go into my bedroom and take a semi automatic gun and bullets (i have them hidden but for the sake of the argument) and go shooting people, but, there was never an incident like this one.
As far as competitive shooters maybe there should be guns were you go shoot so you dont have to carry your own gun or maybe you could have a locker and keep the gun there?

I dont know, as i said, i think the problem lies deeper, and its not solvable in the short term.