View Single Post
      04-19-2011, 12:01 AM   #52
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvs8 View Post
what the NHL needs to have this league run properly is to have a true commissioner. Bettman is obviously the face of the NHL team owners...Fehr is the face of the players. It would make sense that the true commissioner is the individual who is appointed to make decisions that are the best for the game...someone who sees the "big picture."

Question for Bettman and potentially my own personal career aspirations...how can I land a raise and a contract extension when I screw things up under my watch? Let's see...Phoenix, Atlanta, Dallas, Florida and the New York Islanders are all bleeding money big time.
The NHL is the victim of two big things right now: premature expansion and a lockout when they were at their biggest point of growth. Retraction wouldn't be a bad idea, but the league would never do that. Look, if you can't support these teams in these markets, and there are no open markets that can, just shut them down....

What's the difference between Government Motors and the Phoenix Coyotes? Nothing except for the fact that there may actually be a chance for a future for GM.
Appreciate 0