Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leejoobin View Post
i am going to buy one soon.
so......... i thought i ask u guys.
thank you -
Lately I have been using a "Belt AND Suspenders" approach.
I had a V1 in my Lexus and moved it over to the 335I when I tool delivery in July. Last week I had a passport SRX installed. I decided to leave the V1 in the car so I could compare them.

Conslusions:

1 They both seem to react to radar signals at about the same time but the V1 picks it up slightly sooner.
2 The arrows on the V1 are a great feature,
3. The passport seems to be better at picking up laser. I have had it go off several times while the V1 remained silent.
4. The voical warnings on the passport are a nice feature - "K Band" instead of "braaack".
5. The passport is totally "stealth". I have the display box mounted in the ashtray and when it is closed there is no indication that there is a radar detector in the car. I have to hide the V1 whenever I park.

The passport saved my but last week on the Taconic parkway when I got tagged by laser. I think the "Shifting" feature worked because I was going 75 and did not get pulled over.

This week I added a navalert unit. Other than the fact that the car gets a bit "chatty" if I leave everything on in the city ("beep beep beep" "red light camera". "K Band" "beeeeep", "laser alert". "speed trap ahead" etc.) so far everything seems to be working well.

CA
Appreciate 0