View Single Post
      03-08-2024, 10:35 AM   #2
MineralWhiteF80
Dont listen to me
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82, E92 M3, G30 M550i, E46

couple of items here to think about.

1. Before changing parts out and spending a lot of money, it might be a good idea to put the car on an alignment rack and see where you stand. It's possible the pulling is just part of needing an alignment. You can also simply swap the front tires left to right and see what happens to rule out a tire issue.

2. The lower control arms are able to twist like you are experiencing. That does not mean they are bad whatsoever. Over time, they can become easier to twist, but still in good working order.

3. Camber is not adjustable at all, so if you are certain both pins are still installed, you should not have a noticeable difference between left and right sides. That immediately makes me think something could be bent. Worn out thrust arm bushings will not change camber but it will change caster ever so slightly when deflected.

4. The thrust arm bushings will typically give you a shimmy in the steering wheel under initial medium to hard braking as the wheel/tire moves back and forth excessively. 43k miles on thrust arm bushings is really not a lot and I'd be very surprised if they are worn out unless you have hit a pot hole hard enough or have been driving the crap out of the car that has accelerated the wear. It is very easy to remove the one bolt/nut and drop the thrust arm down to inspect the bushing closely damage or cracking before buying 450 dollars worth of parts that may not fix it.

4. When is the last time you replaced the brake fluid and properly bled the system? If it has been over two years, it's a great idea to flush the brake fluid, properly bleed the lines and DSC (ABS) unit. You could also swap brake pads and see what happens.