View Single Post
      05-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #24
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by i128 View Post
I would be curious to know more about this statement....
Star specs are great, but PSS are better suited for the street. I don't honestly know how the new ZII star specs are. The old ones however were indeed sticky in the dry (though Car and Driver tested some Kumho's which did better... interesting), and they handle track abuse better. Some people absolutely destroyed their PSS on track and even autox days, while star specs handle the abuse no problem. They also don't last very long at all unless you drove like a grandma, and I've heard that they don't inspire much confidence at all driving in the rain, where the PSS absolutely excel. The best thing about star specs is how great they are even cold.

@Jophy, I think you'll be happy with the V12. Your 128i doesn't have the ridiculous traction problems of tuned 135i's, and the V12 I had were amazing in the rain. Dry grip was much improved over stock tires, but not mind blowing. The thing I didn't like, though, was that they made the steering kinda feel like mush because of the super soft sidewalls. Maybe run them at a bit higher psi to help offset that. Also, they only lasted me like one summer (6ish months), but then again I absolutely kill tires because I live in the woods and love carving windy roads and accelerating like a maniac when nobody is around.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Last edited by 1speedbike; 05-01-2013 at 09:33 PM..
Appreciate 0