11-10-2008, 08:45 AM   #31
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
you need to see it in person and not just pics, its looks different from different angles, some angles are horrible.
however, I agree the chopped sections dont look as good ass the coupes rooflines. I mean of course they dont. however, its a convertible.
the trunk section you cricled does not look back, I actually prefuer the slope of the rear window on the 93 then the 92. the trunk on 93 is longer and the lines on the sides dont look as good as the 92.

so all that said, there are gives and takes (to me) on both cars. however, only one car drops the top, and if someone wants that option there is no better one out there...period.

now the M3 looks better then the 335 but both are best of both worlds for someone wanting very high performance in a convertible.
people(like me) dont buy a convertible to track it every weekend and race everyone around, we buy it cause we want that option and we want a nice high performance car.

so there is no need to critisize the convertibles. and if it were a soft top, I would not have bought one. the .001 of a second faster haveing a soft top is irrelavent on these cars.
now why do you guys buy coupes? there are much faster cars in the price bracket. lighter and faster same aprrox price. so why buy a e92????
I sorta see what you're saying, so I'll reply from my perspective (**opinion**).

Well, first off I've seen enough e93s to still think that it just doesn't look right. I'm against the breaks, and I'm against the abrupt kink at the base of the rear window. I'm also not a fan of the longer rear decklid (the lengthier trunk as your were referring to). Typically, I think a sloping roofline with a short rear decklid is the ultimate combo (think DB9, F430 or 350z). So obviously then for me, the e92 has the much better profile.

I think criticism should be welcome on this forum, especially on our cars. It's the criticism that BMW listens to in order to make their cars better.

And in regards to the statement about why I chose a coupe, well that's simple: I think it looks sexy as fuhk. Coupes are my sorta thing; they flow well, tend to look sportier, and more often than not, perform better than their sedan or convertible counterparts (not so much the case with the e90/e92). A vert has all that extra weight in the worst spot, and I'm not a top down kinda guy, so the whole vert thing is null and void to me.

Also, it's not just the lighter weight of a soft top I find attractive, it's the look. It just seems more like a genuine drop top. I personally don't buy into the whole "hardtop is the new trend" thing. I just feel like it's one big compromise in order to make the car "safer". Looks are subjective, so that topic is left out. I personally think the e63 6 series perfected the soft top look, what with the buttresses and all. But hey, that's just me.
Appreciate 0