View Single Post
      01-22-2024, 01:20 PM   #42
Chrisyphus
Rep
Drives: e92 M3, Teslarati Model 3 P

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Assuming it's produced properly this time...., but also how many years of testing was done with this part? Varying climate testing? etc etc.

You'd think all of that would be done before declaring:
“we believe that this is the best Carbon Fiber Plenum on the market”.

Until there are some results, customer reviews, etc, etc, people have a right to remain skeptical given the companies poor history.
No assumptions are being made. I am the one making these parts. My design, my material choices, my hands doing the work. No part of what we are doing is experimental. Every single choice was advised by well understood processes and guidelines. There's nothing to spend years testing.. none of your favorite manufacturers spend "years" testing any of their products before launch because even suggesting that is laughable.

Every individual product used in the construction, on the other hand, has decades of experience behind them in every condition and situation imaginable. This data advises material selection.. this is basic engineering.

You and several others, however, are speculating and accusing Abdul of being shady or somehow taking advantage of people, even though he put his money where his mouth is and refunded anyone and everyone who asked for it AND is offering those same customers a massive discount. I just don't see where all this "poor history" talk is coming from Abdul was taken advantage of by another manufacturer who was unable to consistently deliver a quality product. Then, after losing his ass on the deal, he paid out of his own pocket to make affected customers whole.

This sort of discussion is precisely why I abandoned forums years ago. It is Sisyphusian.

Last edited by Chrisyphus; 01-22-2024 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 2