View Single Post
      11-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #64
krx927
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I have exactly the same problem with vibrations as described by ccondo. The cause of vibrations was also exactly the same, track session with stock brakes and pads. On top of it, this track (Zolder) is known brake killer as you need to break from around 180-200 km/h to 50-70 5 times in 4km.

I was reading this post with great interest and tried all suggestions. I installed better pads (Project Mu HC+) to try to scrape pad material of the rotor. Did not work!

Then I took the brakes apart again and used sand paper on rotors. 1000 grid did not remove almost nothing, so I used coarser. After that I finished it with 1000 and later with 2000 to polish everything up.

Again the same problem with vibrations. No influence.

After that I was running HC+ pads for additional 1000km, I was also on the Nurburgring where I did little bit of more aggressive braking. Since it was wet it was not really aggressive. But it should be enough to scrape pad deposits, if any!

Same s..t! I still have vibration.

I had similar situation with my old 330i after track days with vibrations. But obviously in that car I really had pad deposits as vibrations were gone after some time.

This time not, so for sure my rotors are warped!

What a great car BMW made. It is juts perfect in all aspects, except the brakes. They obviously know the issue as they will offer ceramic brakes in new M4, also they are starting to push heavily performance parts for other models that include BBK.

Bye bye OEM brakes, I am getting AP Racing!

Not worth spending money and my nerves on new pads, fixing this problem and potentially new rotors!

EDIT: Believe it or not my brakes fix them selves after 3000km of running Project Mu pads. So after all, all the gents suggesting brake pad deposits were right!!!
But it took me awfully long time to scrape that off the rotors.
BTW still getting AP Racing!

Last edited by krx927; 12-26-2013 at 05:41 AM..
Appreciate 0