01-08-2018, 09:33 AM   #32
torkles
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i MSport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciprian75 View Post
This is my first BMW and frankly I can only tell you about how AC springs behave compared with the factory installed ones. The ride is stiffer but not by a lot, there is a bit of front chatter over bumpy surfaces at low speeds and mild to no chatter at highway speed. Cornering is improved with less body roll than before, the AC springs give you more confidence to enter corners at faster speeds, the exit is nice and smooth with no lateral jerking.
The major difference is the really bad bumps on highways, the notoriously bad design transitions highway/bridge is where you really have to pay attention to. The car will bottom out and you will feel the pain every time, it never bottom out before regardless of how bad the road was. It does do it frequently now. I slow down from 65/70 to 45/50 when driving over some of these road bumps.
Even though I have never driven a BMW fitted with any other aftermarket springs I have the feeling that the purists will not consider the AC springs to be satisfactory for two reasons;
.they don't lower the car enough ( plenty for me)
.they are not stiff enough! Most definitely not a race spring, more of a cosmetic one for making the car look prettier.
Even though I would love to have a stiffer suspension and almost no body roll the ACs are the best of both worlds for me because I drive a lot and still have to maintain a decent level of comfort while driving.

The front lip spoiler is very easy to install ( that's what the shop guy told me). It ships with double stick tape and bolts. It does come unpainted so you will have to color match it.
are you running the stock shocks and the stock bump stops? upgrading to bump stops will help with the ride quality when you think you're bottoming out.