View Single Post
      03-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #23
pagefault
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i Coupe 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwong View Post
- It asked me to turn (for example, right turn) as I was initiating the turn. If I only rely on the verbal direction, I would've missed the turn.
- When I came close to a turn, the screen didn't tell me what street to turn to. Both my Audi and old Acura would do that either by saying the street name, displaying on the screen, or both.
- When I got to the destination, where the hack was the address on the screen? Often time I would just enter the address into the nav and forget about it. Unless the destination is a business, I have to look for the house number when I get to my destination. The iDrive only tells you that you've reached your destination, and it's on the right (or left) side depending on your destination. Both the Audi and my old Acura would show the address on the screen.
As others have said - it should do #1, and #2 is an option you can enable on the split screen. Originally, it would show the arrow view full time while routing. I'm not sure what I changed, but now it shows entertainment details except for when a turn is coming up, and it switches to arrow view. I like this, except that I'd still like an small indicator saying how long until the next instruction and which side of the road I should be on. The notifications come a little late if I need to get two lanes over to make the turn. Maybe I'll figure out how to go back to full time arrow view.

Point #3 is a good one, and I don't know why it doesn't do that.

I'm really impressed with the traffic capabilities - it recently automatically routed me around a major traffic jam, and the destination time includes traffic in the calculations. So far, I've found it to be very accurate, except that it doesn't factor in carpool lanes. If I can take the carpool lane, I usually beat the estimate by quite a bit. When I can't, it has been within 2-3 minutes on a 40 minute (with traffic) drive.
Appreciate 0