11-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #5
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I'm sure you're aware, but Ferrari's greatest car, the F40, was a twin turbo V8. Many people who buy Ferraris generally aren't going out and test driving all of the competition, they just want to buy a Ferrari. People don't work their whole lives to finally be able to purchase an Acura or a Lexus, they do it to buy a Ferrari or Lamborghini. An Acura is a very tough sell at $150k.
The only car people work their whole life to buy is BMW and Porsche (911). All other people buy cars according to their abilities, with 1 Mio on my bank account I'm not buying a Ferrari. Maybe with 3 Mio, and that is the case of most buyers (statistics out of the air). But you get what I'm saying.

From another perspective, compare BMW i8 and Honda NSX. Is the i8 worth its M6 pricetag for sub M4 performance and Z4 practicality? The NSX on the other hand is right up next to the supercars, with outstanding look and individuality, but for 911 pricetag. Isn't it sometimes boring to look at the badge only? How to differentiate from all the 911 and Ferraris, while having a car up to those standards? There is only one way: Japanese: GT-R, LFA, and now NSX. The other way is BMW i8, but that is a joke in the eyes of Porsche and Ferrari.
Appreciate 0