02-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #5
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
There's no delay just because the Logic7 amp turns on by a MOST (digital) message and not by analog signal sensing.

Analog signal sensing turn on implementation is a crap shoot, sometimes it works and sometimes random turn on/off issues pop up, regardless if this is OEM or not. All depends on the device signal output characteristics/topology and the trigger voltage level of the sensor... too low of a threshold and the device will turn on/off with noise, too high and the device will turn on only when you crank up the volume or with a delay, just right and it would work with some devices and not that well with others.
Power/etc is still through normal wiring, right? The fiber doesn't provide power to the unit, it provides the data. If I look at my iPod while my radio is 'off' it still shows it's plugged in, and again, as soon as I hit the "power" button on the radio [which really, is a volume button] it's playing. Just like when I unlock my car the nav disc starts spinning up. Everything is literally always on and ready to go..
Appreciate 0