08-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #10
x3man1994
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 X3 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian View Post
I've read the washing and detailing page and changed some of my ways lol. Its very helpful. The car is not too bad (barely any swirls) but I think its time to do a complete wash and protect it for the next 4-5 months. I want to achieve the "wet-look" and get rid of very minor scratches on the hood and the roof by the fin. Its an alpine white so these scratches aren't so visible and at the same time it won't stand out as much as some of the other colors.

I basically want to divide the products into the 5 steps. Would you suggest a sealant or wax? Please send me the link to the one you think would be appropriate for an alpine white car.
If you really want an Alpine white car to really pop, I would recomend you use a glaze like this, then use a sealant and then top it all off with a wax that has carnuba that is bleached white like this. Basically all these products are made for lighter or white cars. Or if you want a wax that is a little easier to apply and remove (a soft wax as opposed to a hard wax) go for this as one reviewer said," Reviewed by Eric M. on 7/17/2011
Would they buy this item again? Yes
I use this on an Alpine White BMW 335i. This is a great wax - easy to apply with a foam applicator pad and remove/buff with a microfiber cloth. And it smells great too!"

Last edited by x3man1994; 08-11-2011 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: Added Info
Appreciate 0