View Single Post
      02-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #73
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsunamiFury View Post
I think a lot of people here don't understand the position Audi is in. Their advertising campaigns are built around the boomer generation who often doesn't think much of Audis.

Audi is the least recognized luxury brand from the major ones listed here (among gearheads obviously not the case, but among normal people Audi barely comes to mind). Audi has repeatedly run commercials that merely get people thinking about Audi when they think Merc or BMW because ... most people DONT. Its their attempt at relevance, thus the super-bowl commercial last year mentioning all the other brands in a relatively favorable light.

Audi just wants people to notice them.
that is true. there current lineup is much better than their old one. they are getting better and it is all good for us buyers.

I like the s5 interior very much, not feeling the interior of the regular a4/a5. I sat in them and they felt blah. it seemed like the recaro seat in the s4/s5 made a world of a different when you look at it.

m3 interior is on par or slightly better than the s5 interior IMO and i love how you can have some cool leather color in the m3 such as the carbon dash leather, silver/extend, etc. the material in the m3 seems to be thicker than that on the s5 interior. I happen to love the double hump dash in the m3 too which allow the NAV to stay at your eye level instead of looking down for your direction (more dangerous). not sure how the regular 3 series stack up to audi a4/a5 as I have not sit in one, so can't comment on that. I saw in the isf and c63, i think those two are a step below m3 or s5 in term of interior quality/design. their seats suck.

funny thing is, I saw in the new evo and ex35/fx35, I felt those car have better seats than both audi s5 and m3. Not sure why, but they fit like a glove to me. Not to say the s5/m3 are not comfortable, they are just not as comfortable as the evo or infiniti. i wonder if someone else felt the same way.

btw, e46 m3 seat is the worse. I have to admit it is actually worse than the seat in my 94 accord. LOL

Last edited by graider; 02-18-2010 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 0