View Single Post
      08-02-2023, 08:55 AM   #97
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
36 holes yesterday - great time with my son. Weather was great - not too warm, and clouds made it comfortable, plus some breeze now and then. The courses were in great condition, so the only variable was....the golfers!

I am keeping my new "McIlroy" swing with both feet planted. I learned golf a long time ago and lifted the left heel in the backswing (I am a right-handed golfer). My putting is gradually getting better over the years - it's not great but there have been slow improvements. Short iron game is OK - similar with putting, I think it is because I am taking more time and not trying to hit for maximum yardage with every swing.

Equipment-wise I am satisfied with my clubs for now. Old forged cavity-back irons are doing just fine and I have some Nike SQ woods which I hit pretty well. The putter is a gift from my brother from decades ago so I am sticking with it. Maybe a new set of woods in a couple of years. I am going to have my clubs re-gripped this winter because it is long overdue. I am a fan of corded grips.

To be clear, I am not at the level of some posters on this thread; I golf fewer than 6 times per year and my score reflects this. I do enjoy golf quite a bit.

Tonight son and I are playing twilight with wife and daughter after dinner - hoping to get 9 holes in before it's too dark.

Last edited by chassis; 08-02-2023 at 09:08 AM..
Appreciate 2
JMcLellan2081.00
jamesinaz1665.00