View Single Post
      07-18-2014, 07:49 AM   #41
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Checked in the hospital at 8pm on 7.10.14 and was having contractions on my own. Nothing full blown. Went to sleep for a little while. The darn IV they had me hooked up to had me getting up constantly to go pee! lol Anyways at about 7 or 8am Friday morning I woke up and thought I peed myself. Nope my water broke. From there my Dr came in and checked me, ordered the pitocin started. She told me since the bag is broken she wants the baby out within 24 hours if not then we will do a c section. I agreed. From there is was a waiting game. A few hours later I started having contractions that I felt in my back. I tried walking around to ease the pain for but it was too intense. The nurses had me get on all fours (doggy style) on my bed and they rubbed my back. The baby's back was facing my back so that was why I was feeling the contractions in my back instead of in the front. The doggy style technique they had me in was to flip her to the correct side. After about an hour of that I couldnt hold back the tears and I opted for the epidural. Got it and felt relief. I think at that point I was still only 5 cm dilated. Went to sleep for an hour and woke up to HORRIBLE, EXCRUCIATING PAIN on my left side. My right side was numb but my left I could feel EVERYTHING. The second anesthesiologist came in and administered pain drugs through the epidural IV to try and deaden my left side...didnt work....tried again more drugs through the IV....30 mins later...still didnt work.... she tried a third time.... nothing. I was feeling full blown labor contractions on my left side. I was SCREAMING in pain. Throwing things at people, ripping blankets off of me. My hair? My makeup? I couldnt care at that point. 1030pm was approaching and my DR was getting ready to advise me to lets do the c section. A third anesthesiologist came in to take out the epidural and completely redo it with it a second one. He tested my right leg with cold compresses.. I felt nothing. He did the same thing to my left and I could feel everything he did. So surely for a c section I would need both sides of me deadened. He and nurse sat me up right. As soon as I was sitting up straight...........OH! I gotta go poop! Like NOW. I'm feeling the urge to push out a poop! I told them. He worked with me in between contractions as quickly as possible and took out the first epidural and completely re did it. When he was finished the nurse laided me on side to check me one last time since I told her I really had to poop. Well, what do you know. The babys head was RIGHT THERE. I was a full 10 centimeters and ready to push. 4 nurses and my Dr came running in. It took 12 minutes of pushing with only 3 contractions and she was out!! and just for the record, I didnt poop lol.

I think my hair held up fine... Dont judge! I gained 39 lbs during this pregnancy and my face got chunky. (So far I've lost 16 lbs)
You look great!

Unfortunately I can relate to the entire process since I was there when our son was born in Dec. I can't imagine it being me going through all that (again if it were biologically possible), it's rough....

imho it's a really positive thing if you didn't have to do the C sec. It's weird how from what people have told us, it's often the doctor who pushes it...

Amazing how your life has changed, right?

Oh, and don't get an X5, how about a Cayenne GTS? Variety is the spice of life!
Appreciate 0