View Single Post
      09-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #25
Zeroblade
Explodes on impact
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Mazda3

Bumping old thread

I'm a pretty avid gamer and I'd only buy a console if it shows its worth soon as it can. It needs to have a least 3 different types of games. Multiplatform games don't count. That being said, right now I think only the PS4 is worth buying. The edge also goes out to the PS4 for pretty much all of the multiplatform games since pretty much every game runs better. Think about the value of your money. If game X costs the same between each console but is known to have more content and/or runs and/or looks better on the PS4, you get more bang for your buck getting that version.

I'm also anti gimmicks. When 3D was hitting stores, I knew this wasn't going to last. So its not suprising that now (thankfully) the 3D craze is going down, there's no need to have the PS4 and the Xbox One to support it. Now its 4K that's being pumped out and its sure to be the next "1080p". The PS3/Xbox was only given 3D support per the trend at the time.

Kinect is more of failure than anything. The tech was cool, and I admit having fun playing fruit ninja but the games mostly sucked. The fact the Xbox One now sells with the choice not to include it says everything.

Morpheus is looking good but if the games/content doesn't deliver it will be the next Kinect. I do think however it'll be more successful since, unlike Kinect, there's now the Morpheus, Occulus Rift and now Samsung Galaxy VR. Basically the same tech being made my multiple developers whereas kinect was just on the Xbox.

Side note I think the Wii U is definitley worth buying now too. Pretty much any Nintendo made game is worth buying (better if you get it used) and currently has way more exclusive games. 3rd party games is where it hurts however (better to play CoD on a PS4/Xbox than the Wii-U) though there are some exculsives also coming - Bayonetta 2.

*work in progress*
Appreciate 0