View Single Post
      02-21-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
Kilockel
I like monkeys.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet black 2006 BMW E90 330i

Actually, I'm fairly convinced that nobody on that site actually believes the Earth is flat. Many board members will state that the actual number of believers that visit that forum is about 5%, however I think that's GROSSLY overestimated.

It's just a site for people to learn debate. If you can convince someone the Earth is flat, even when they "know" it isn't, you can convince anyone of anything.

That being said, there are some interesting points brought up, but none of which can be discredited after a thorough (in some cases not so thorough) brainstorm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster
unless you have personally gone to space, seen the earth as a sphere,all we can do is listen and beleivewe are told. im not saying the world is flat, god no.

but we are taught what THEY want us to think. we are taught that the world is round, we are taught that the world is by teachers, who read out of a text book. obviously, the text had to originate somewhere, and someone had to write the theorys and shit down. i mean, back in teh day, "they" said weed would make you kill your brother upon the first toke, then make you commit suicid. and back then, people didnt know any better, so they beleived it.

thanks to "them" many lives were and still are being ruined. sometimes, i dont know what to beleive. but its one thing i KNOW --> when it comes to marijuana, the government calls them facts, but i call them lies.
Please don't take this the wrong way!

This thread isn't about marijuana, and even if it were, I'd like to point out that this board is frequented by people from all over the world. Don't just say "the government," be specific. It's these brash generalizations that cause so many indiscretions between people. That being said, I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with what you said, as that's for another thread. However, lets not do that either, because this has been exhaustingly argued and discussed. It never gets anywhere. I never say this about anything, but it's probably best for everyone to keep their opinions to themselves about marijuana.

Also, severe depression (read: increased suicide rates) has been attributed to post marijuana use. Look into it, it's actually pretty interesting. (I'm assuming from one of your comments that you did NOT believe in/know about this.)

Back on topic a bit: We can know a lot of things. We knew the Earth was flat at one point in time. We knew that we were the center of the universe. I could go on and on with that list, but you get the point. What we "know" is constantly evolving and growing because we never have all the information about any subject, and we probably never will. Basically, believe whatever you want to believe. It's your world, and nobody can tell you different. That being said, it's a pretty good bet to say that whatever you know is wrong. However, it's nice to hear what other people think (know), and entertain their thoughts. Information is a wonderful thing.

Last edited by Kilockel; 02-21-2008 at 04:54 PM..
Appreciate 0