View Single Post
      03-14-2024, 04:06 PM   #43
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
If you like to piss away money just give it to me.

EVs sales are dropping like crazy and no end in sight.
Again, this investment is strictly for fun and a what-the-hell kind of thing I occasionally do with investments. The $9600 I spent represents a minuscule portion of my portfolio. Yeah, it's an investment gamble.

EV sales are sliding, but I do not see Rivian disappearing. Their Amazon EVs are all over place and have the backing of Amazon. Amazon needs them. EV sales will go exponential once better infrastructure is there and smaller, more efficient, less powerful, and more importantly, cheaper EVs become available. I have no desire to own an EV, but I see their purpose and benefit in certain parts of automotive society and recognize that there will be many of them around in 10+ years. That is inevitable. Also what is inevitable is more efficient ICE and hybrid vehicles as well.

If I lose the investment, so be it, but I think that's very unlikely and that ~5 years from now, it will likely be a $50+/share stock.