View Single Post
      10-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #308
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

I agree with all your comments Nautik. I've thrown a fair bit of cash down on Lesnar, hopefully it will pay for my FMIC, iCarbon Hood and a few other bits hehe Lesnar is free cash, there is no denying it. That guy is a freak of nature with phenomenal athletic ability. You want to know what Cain is really thinking? Replay the Lesnar v Carwin fight and afterwards they show Cain sweating bullets. I completely agree that there is always the punchers chance in MMA, and this is x100 in the Heavyweight division but Lesnar has proven his chin is made of stone. Really, if Carwin can't knock out Lesnar I doubt Velasquez will. If it does happen, he will have to land a clean shot right on the button.

What I do see happening at some point in the fight is Lesnar taking down Velasquez. I don't care if he lands a single punch in that position or not, if you have a 280+ pound mammoth forcing his weight on you that takes a lot out of your gas tank and can destroy your mentality in the fight. When Lesnar took Carwin down he was gassed but still made no effort to get up. It's probably not worth expending the energy to even try to get to your feet and Lesnar's wrestling credentials speak for themselves. He was probably going to ride out that round.

Anyways, there is a huge payout if Lesnar wins on points. I'm not sure if I should do it or not. I'm confident he will win but after seeing the Carwin fight I can see that Lesnar is evolving his MMA game. He is more than capable of being a finisher. I have respect for Velasquez but compared to his last few fights he's definitely been thrown in the deep end now. Both are capable of winning but my head really tells me this is Lesnar's fight. I really can't wait for this fight card, it's going to be EPIC!
Appreciate 0