View Single Post
      06-01-2017, 03:33 PM   #16
c63er
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
Next few posts will be how BMW is missing the mark and this is my last BMW and I'm going Merc in my next car....blah blah blah....same comments every month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Industrywide softening of the market. Nothing new here.
Are you sure about that? Mercedes USA is UP by 1% so far. And if you look at only April benz are also down but atleast not those drastic drops in their core model (in Bmws case the 3 series)

Probably has nothing to do with the product they are selling. No reason to place responsibility on the product. (Sarcasm)

The only reason they sold so many in the first place were ridiculous lease deals. Not based on the underlying product.

Amg is up massively. Again probably has nothing to do with improvements in the product. (Sarcasm again)

Wake up calls are good. Question is if they see it or are still walking around with blinders as many on the forum.

Their solution in so far for the past several years has been to simply reduce costs to keep profits high. Reduce costs by internal platform sharing and now external platform sharing with Toyota. Also reduce costs by homogenizing engines so every car has an engine derived from another car. No unique motors. Also reduce costs with local production in various markets etc. Chinese bmw for export in the future etc ..

Problem is eventually all these methods reduce your reputation, which is the very reason people buy Bmws in so many respects. Not a good long term plan as many have long learned.

But of course our resident scott will tell us we are all wrong and and benz is cheating because they sell vans and trucks. Everything is a ok. nice to know we aren't the only ones being lied to, they might be lying to themselves
omg61872.00
Tuscan224.50
Pauleebe379.50
amdmaxx119.00
Law6389.00
Stankia14.00