03-20-2020, 04:29 AM   #38
gippy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 440i, pre-LCI, w/MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscoob View Post
So my parts were replaced yesterday (low pressure rad, brackets and rock guards). Didn't need a regas as there is a separate condenser unit and the rad in question is purely to cool the condenser apparently.

I can take some pictures of it on the car for you later but not in such great detail as most is hidden The rock guards are horizontal plastic type units that fit over the upper and lower sections i.e. behind the front grille and lower mesh.

I looked for instructions on how to replace the units and it seemed that you had to remove the standard radiator first to then remove the low pressure one. However, my indi, did it the simple way and removed the front bumper so easy access from the front and didn't have to disturb the cooling system.

Have to say that considering the work / cost of the guard protection, if I hadn't needed to replace the rad part due to damage, I would just do a DIY guard as per the others on here, which I am sure is just as effective as the OEM parts.

i stumbled across this concept of needing a radiator guard after a totally random comment on youtube! jeez!

was already worried about corona, but now i'm REALLY panicking

i'm assuming there's an OEM part for the F32 as well? I'll have a look now - please do post pics etc once you get it done.
Appreciate 0