View Single Post
      04-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
blackbeast535
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6MT Jerez Black

Review: DC Metro Coding – Feature Coding & 240E DME Software Update

This morning I had the pleasure of meeting with John from DC Metro Coding to provide me the latest 240E software update and feature coding and for my E90 M3.

John’s business is mobile and he promptly arrived as discussed. He began to explain the entire process of what features were available and how he planned to upgrade my car. I finally decided on the following options:

• 240E DME Upgrade
• EURO MDM Enabled
• Close windows and sunroof with key fob
• Fold/Unfold mirrors when locking doors
• Auto unlock of doors when engine is stopped
• Disabled seatbelt chime
• Disabled iDrive “Accept” screen
• Disabled amber corner lights
• One touch blinker count set to 4 blinks
• Return of wipers to home position when engine is shut off
• Setting low fuel warning to 1/8 of a tank
• Enabled real time MPG on gauge cluster

John really impressed me with his technical knowledge and all of the hardware and software required for the updates. He started off by connecting my battery to a huge power supply. Then he connected his laptop into my car’s OBD port to begin the feature programming. Once again he verified all of the settings before he made any changes to the car. After this was complete he moved on to the DME update.

According to John, my car was running 80E, which was one of the original DME versions, and he was upgrading it up to 240E. With his software he could tell that my car had never been flashed before and I was looking forward to all of the improvements that I have read about online. John was finished in about 1 ½ hours, but I was so excited time flew by. Once he was finished he verified all of the new features with me and everything worked without any errors.

Since he did the 240E update he suggested that we take the car on a test drive. When I fired the car up it felt like it had a more aggressive/refined tone on cold start. The idle also seemed to smooth out a bit and I instantly felt the difference in throttle sensitivity. Although BMW claims no difference in HP, the car feels like it has been now tuned. It pulls harder and faster in each gear (6 M/T) and I was quickly tearing up the back roads.

I drove the car later on again today and it still feels and pulls stronger than before. I am blown away at just how little feature changes make a big difference in daily driving convenience.

Once again a big thanks to John as I have fallen in love with my car again! It’s a great feeling to know that a BMW enthusiast is working on your vehicle. I highly recommend his services.
Attached Images

E90 M3 Jerez Black/Bamboo Beige 6MT - BMW CCA
Dinan Rear Exhaust, Secondary Cat Delete, Dinan High Flow Carbon Fiber Intake, IND Painted Reflectors, BMW Edition Grills

Last edited by blackbeast535; 04-07-2013 at 10:44 PM..
Appreciate 0