View Single Post
      02-12-2024, 09:41 PM   #10
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Just to confirm, my car has the static 704 suspension. So did the M340i that I owned, but it was an xDrive and I have this feeling that xDrive made the G20 704 suspension more rigid, but that’s just a feeling. I don’t think I can necessarily comment on how the chassis rotates with either the E90 or F30. I never tracked my E90 or even did an autocross in it and I haven’t in my F30 either. I can say I can’t tell any difference in my ability to take a tight exit ramp or on ramp at a speed a fair amount above the posted limit.

Since I have an automatic I guess I can’t comment on any laggyness of the motor. I think it’s pretty universal with BMW automatic transmissions that they have a little bit of a slow tip in. They don’t just surge with power the way some others do. You have to be a little intentional with your acceleration. But, the G20 B58/ZF8 is not like that. It doesn’t have the overly eager feeling a lot of cars do, but the tip in is immediate and super smooth!! That ZF transmission is as close to perfection in its tuning with the B58 as is humanly possible. That is the one mechanical thing I miss about the M340i. The B58/ZF8 combination in the F30 is very good, but it is not the virtual perfection the M340i has.

I like the sound of my B58 a lot. It would sound even better with the M exhaust or, even better than that, with the MPPSK!! That’s probably the very best thing about the ZHP, is the MPPSK and the LSD!!
I can second this. 340i (or 440i) with the B58 and MPPSK is wonderful. Buttery smooth and sounds amazing.
Appreciate 0