MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
After paying over $6000 for a lens, I've decided to simply stick with Canon accessories. I've never had any problems at all with my Canon remote release. It is a "must have" accessory, IMHO.
I feel you. When I have a $6000 budget for a lens, I will probably have chosen brand names for a long time too! But as a starting photograph, I had to buy everything in a very short period of time (Spent as much as your lens, but all for goodies and accessories). So by cheaping out on accessories, I've managed to be able to buy a couple nice glasses other then my crappy kit lenses.

OT: Just got an email from Nikon stating that they wont honor government sales anymore. That means that I will have to pay $1000 more on my D800. I'm debating with them trying to convince them to complete the sale since the order is placed for a couple months already.

But I guess that's a sign that I should stick with my D7000 for now and buy my glasses first and then buy the D800 when the hype goes down. The pricing on the D700 is still high enough to convince me to stick with the D800.

Bummer.

So if you see a good deal on a Nikkor 24-70 and 70-200 2.8 (VRII is prefered), let me know

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]
Appreciate 0