View Single Post
      05-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #189
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Rose's playoff TPG is 3.7, regular season 3.4. Also, thank you for proving my point relying on FG% to show how a player is playing - it's very incomplete, and as a rate, relies largely on sample size. Either way, Rose's FG% has only dipped about 5% since the regular season, but he is scoring 2pts more per game. What would you rather have, at the end of NBA game, more points, or higher FG%? The winner isn't the one with the best FG%

I don't think he's being productive, I know he's being productive. Productivity is an aggregate concept, supported by mean counting stats. By talking FG%, a rate stat, you mean to say he's playing less efficiently. Which is true. However, while greater efficiency is over all good, lower efficiency does not always lead to diminished production, as the stats I've posted support. Further evidenced by the fact that given the sample size you've delineated (regular vs. post season) Rasual Butler is the most efficient player on the Bulls, and also very unproductive.

Last edited by BTM; 05-26-2011 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0