04-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #13
thetedderbear
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fiesta ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
I'm a freshman this year, almost finished with school. I have a MacBookPro 15" completely loaded up along with the 'new' iPad + LTE. I also have a BlackBerry Bold 9930.

Honestly, having a smartphone is amazing. In high school, pretty much everyone had one, but college is a different story. I can really see how people struggle who don't have one. iPhone/BlackBerry/Android... can't really go wrong, just depends on what you will use it for, but the basic functions (email, browsing, messaging, calendar, organization etc) exist on all platforms.

I use my computer more than my tablet, but my iPad has been great. Good at keeping stuff together (I have a To Do app that syncs between my iPad and BlackBerry). And it really is just all around fun to have. Definitely more of a luxury than a necessity though.

Definitely invest in a laptop though. I fully loaded mine, and it ended up costing a bit over $3000, but I'll probably be able to use it all four years considering the specs.

Microsoft Office is obviously a necessity, I guess you could use Pages, but I'm not really a fan.

I didn't get the Air because I thought it would get damaged too easily. One drop and your done...

Also, good luck with school! Where are you headed?
Thanks guys for all the imput, its been really helpful! I'm liking the idea of a Macbook Pro, but opting for a smaller one so I can hook up to a display in my dorm.

I'll be at Arkansas State University this fall. I looked all around me, big and small. Its big enough but not too big and impersonal, plus this is my hometown and I have a lot of connections here, which will be a big help while I'm in school. And they throw money at almost anyone going there, I was given a full ride and then some. Too good of an offer to turn down considering U of A didn't even give me half of their cost.

Once again, thanks for all the help guys!
Appreciate 0