View Single Post
      04-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #71
Kielan
Private
Rep
Drives: Searching for a SGM 135i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkey1112 View Post
NOOOOoooooOooo hahaha dont ever thiiink you need to upgrade! technically you don't need anything. For years i shot on a 2004 canon 20D & not until recently did i upgrade from that camera... I learned everything because of my 20d. I wanted to make sure I produce better photographs than everyone I knew with a better camera than me. Nothing would stop be from doing just that.

If you read one of kielan's post, he has been creating these images with a freakin rebel! sure the dynamic range is now greatly improved with his upgrade... but the vision and eye for composition was built on his experience and not his gear.
This is very true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
Awesome pics! Really brought the beauty of the e46 sedans which I didn't see before.
Thank you sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by inChargeOfIT View Post
I have been shooting crop sensor for years. Composition is one thing, but full frames are just better for the type of shooting i want to do.. big fine art prints, landscapes, architecture and scenes like kielan's.

Plus, they have better high iso performance, so those shots tend to be sharper than the crop counterparts, especially in low light.

Plus I like new toys.
The ISO performance on the 5D2 in comparison to the T2i is stellar, and the dynamic range melts my mind. Shooting FF is awesome, and if you feel that you have hit the wall with your crop sensor, you should absolutely make the upgrade when you can.