Thread: Sporty watch
View Single Post
      12-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #16
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Depends on what you are trying to accomplish, function or fashion. You need to time anything or just want to know the time? For exercise (running, biking, swimming, gym, etc.) and in the yard my wife and I use a Timex Ironman watches. Waterproof, durable, pretty cheap, lots of lap, chronograph, etc. features. For this watch I don't care a lot about how it looks and can't see any benefit of the $500 watch over the $60. Same reason I wear functional clothes and shoes at the gym, when running, or when in the yard, but don't worry about trying to look good.

We also both have GPS watches, I have a Timex, she a Garmin but unless you run I can't see a reason to get one. They are bigger, have less features, short battery life (recharging frequently) and more expensive. I have used my Timex GPS on the bike but the bike computers work just as well for a lot less money and hassle (recharge). I normally wear the watch on the bike even though there is a computer. For running the GPS is great.