View Single Post
      11-10-2008, 07:45 AM   #28
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
dude, of course you're not gonna criticize the flow of your own car, which you probably dropped a good 50k on. the flow sucks on the e93. top down, it is arguably the best-flowing designed vert on the market, but top up, it's an atrocity.

lemme help point out why:

you need to see it in person and not just pics, its looks different from different angles, some angles are horrible.
however, I agree the chopped sections dont look as good ass the coupes rooflines. I mean of course they dont. however, its a convertible.
the trunk section you cricled does not look back, I actually prefuer the slope of the rear window on the 93 then the 92. the trunk on 93 is longer and the lines on the sides dont look as good as the 92.

so all that said, there are gives and takes (to me) on both cars. however, only one car drops the top, and if someone wants that option there is no better one out there...period.

now the M3 looks better then the 335 but both are best of both worlds for someone wanting very high performance in a convertible.
people(like me) dont buy a convertible to track it every weekend and race everyone around, we buy it cause we want that option and we want a nice high performance car.

so there is no need to critisize the convertibles. and if it were a soft top, I would not have bought one. the .001 of a second faster haveing a soft top is irrelavent on these cars.
now why do you guys buy coupes? there are much faster cars in the price bracket. lighter and faster same aprrox price. so why buy a e92????