11-10-2008, 10:00 AM   #40
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
And on your circled example, the rear folding line flows with the rear window, and the line at the base of the top flows with the bottom of the side windows, same as the door cutline "flows" with the A pillar (and yet the door cutline completely cuts across the horizontal bodyline, thus not "flowing" any more than the roof cuts do).

And the notch still flows, to my designer eyes, as well as the notch on the 6 series or my 7 series, or the roof on a E36 coupe. And if those are too blocky, then it flows no worse then the roofline on a say, '69 Camaro:

Swoopy and curvy.
Well we could go on and debate this, but ultimately it's a matter of subjective tastes, and I can tell we're not going to agree. But it's all good. I actually like debating design.

I think the cant-rails should be uninterrupted by break lines, which is why I think it throws the flow off. Now about the rear, I don't know if that's comparable to the 6 series. Are you referring to the e63 or the older e24 model like the one you showed? I think the soft top 6er flows perfectly. The C-pillars go straight into the rear where it dips. I can't seem to find a decent picture online to show this, but I hope you see what I'm saying (maybe you can find one).

Again, you referenced the Camaro, but I don't think that's a fair comparison. The overall design is completely different, and muscle cars have always had a nice blend of straight edges and curves.

I dunno. It's hard for me to say what I want to say without having a picture or something. It's much easier for me to talk and animate my arms while pointing things out...damn internet and its limitations...hahaha.
Appreciate 0