View Single Post
      07-14-2014, 09:09 AM   #50
Walt Dockery
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post

Agree, wish estoril and a real red like imola or Melbourne was available.

What did you think of mw vs aw in person?
My order is AW btw ... if there was imola red or estoril blue available, I probably would have gone w/ one of those. I'm not willing to pay for the individual program, though.

I have not seen an AW or MW M3/M4 in person (my dealer had YMB, SO, and Black, I didn't pay much attention to the black, I mainly went by to look at the YMB).

I have seen AW and MW on 328/335s. Personally, I think I prefer AW, but it is a tough choice. On Friday in the showroom, I walked back and forth between an AW and MW several times (the AW was a 3-series sedan, the MW was the awful 3-series Gran Turismo, I tried to focus on just the paint w/o letting that get in the way). People say MW is "girly" like the pearls from say Lexus or on the Escalade, that really isn't the case. MW is really just looks like metallic version of AW, a little more silvery, but it doesn't add a noticeable pink or yellow hue like most of the "pearls" out there. AW pops a bit more as a white. I tend to like my whites to be, well, white, so I like AW, although there are some other makers that tend to have better whites IMO (Range Rover and Volvo both make whites that really stand out as white, to my eyes). There's also a MW 3-series parked around the corner from my office most days, and I take a look every time I go by it.

I think you need to look at both in person, but honestly, both AW and MW look good. In certain lighting environments you can barely tell the difference if not parked side by side. Most casual observers can't tell the difference ... I saw a MW 3-series on the road recently, and asked my girlfriend "what do you think of that metallic white, vs. the more stark white like I ordered", she looked at me like I was an idiot for asking and said "it looks white".

Last edited by Walt Dockery; 07-14-2014 at 10:37 AM..
Appreciate 0