View Single Post
      11-02-2022, 07:33 AM   #77
chicagob5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Barney View Post
Alright well I'm back to the engine vacuum, following the original instructions. Just need to get the correct size Tee because the one provided isn't correct for tapping into the engine vacuum line. I haven't spent much time on this step because I've been enjoying the valve closed noise levels.

I came to this conclusion after reading up about numerous supercharger installs, and Valvetronic exhaust installs. I feel better about the reliability of this method. The brake booster still makes me uncomfortable, but engine as vacuum source seems fine.

Should have install wrapped up this week and will report back.
I've been going back and fourth on what I want to do while I wait to see what Ajolives comes up with. Started down the rabbit hole for a dedicated vacuum pump however haven't really found any good solution that isnt a couple hundred dollars, which I dont want to spend on this.

I've even thought about just capping off the actuator nipples and just running the exhaust with valves closed for now and see how happy I am with that however it would be nice to have the option to turn them on.

I found this: https://www.amazon.com/Controller-Ex...s%2C181&sr=8-4

Thought about trying that and just return it if I dont like it, I can cut the cigarette adapter off and just hardwire the box to a 12v and ground.

For now, I ordered another OEM fuel breather hose (13907838439) since I wasnt able to find a ID of the hose online and will use that try and come up with a T fitting that uses the correct ID for each vacuum line and see how well that works. Figure if I have issues, I can swap the unmodified one back quickly and go from there. If I like the dedicated vacuum pump solution then I will switch over to that. Cars put away for winter here in the midwest so I got nothing but time.

Quickjack should be here this weekend I think, should hopefully be able to start on getting this installed.

Last edited by chicagob5; 11-02-2022 at 07:58 AM..
Appreciate 1