Taxvictim
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i, Titanium Silver 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboarder21 View Post
get a new cabin air filter and use febreze
This. A new cabin air filter is a must. It's pretty easy to change it yourself. It's under the hood up near the windshield.

I bought my E90 used from a BMW dealer. They didn't even offer to show me the car, I saw it on their website and noticed the price was a good deal. When I asked about it, the salesman had the windows rolled down when we first got in and took a test drive. I expressed interest, and we continued to negotiate over the phone. When we got really close to a deal, I went back to the dealer. He had the car in the detailing bay. I looked it over again and bought it.

The next day I drove somewhere and parked in the sun. When I got back in the car... POW! I could smell the smoke from the previous owner (one J. Maccio from N.J.), and even noticed that the headliner was lightly stained right by the driver's sun visor. Now I know why it was priced lower than similar models.

After a few weeks, however, the smell went away. I did use Febreeze, and the dealer had put in a new air filter.

And, no, I did not just get used to the smell. I ask other people if they smell it, and they don't.

Last edited by Taxvictim; 09-03-2010 at 08:43 AM..
Appreciate 0