Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIO K View Post
Oh, and one more thing.. Do you guys use Mac or PC to edit? Some of my processed pictures look great on my Macbook Pro, but when I view them from my Sony Vaio they look horrible.. and vise versa. Now before I upload a photo I send it to both laptops just to compare, which is becoming a hassle :/
I use 64-bit PC. There used to be delays for the Apple versions of my software (DxO) but I think they've fixed that. I use calibrated monitors for both my desktop and laptop. Since you can now run several OS on the Apple machines, I could probably stand to use Apple, but I see no reason.

I think calibrated monitors are key to consistent images. At the end of last year I bought a Lenovo laptop that had a very cool, blueish screen tint and when I'd view images processed on it they were way too saturated on my calibrated monitor. I had to re-process several batches of images and I bought a Spyder to calibrate the laptop and avoid double processing.

In Shutterbug Magazine there was a discussion, one of the Macs, I think it was the old MacMini, had a monitor that wouldn't calibrate to most standards. I think that was an isolated case and related to one of their all-in-one boxes.

I'm wondering, has anyone worked with the Retina display on a MacBook Pro? I heard that the screen is pretty incredible, but was wondering how the color temp is for image processing. Will the available color Spyders correct it?

Dave