Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335i E93 Alpine White

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post

In order to do it right, I believe you should re-install the OEM woofers and run them band-passed between 80 and 150Hz off an aftermarket amp. So you would need to do two things with the wiring:

1.) split the signal coming from the Technic harness using the amp crossovers into 30-80Hz going to the sub amp and 80-150Hz going to the new amp for the underseats.

2.) cut the wires inside the Technic harness that go from the OEM amp to the underseat woofers. Then connect the end that goes to the woofers to the new amp.

The OEM underseat woofers will do fine with 50-100 Watts so choose your 2-channel amp accordingly.
When I installed the Technic harness, I disconnected the L7 input wires from the 8" baffle. Then I connected the Technic harness to a 300x2 amp and ran the new speaker wires from the amp to the 8" baffles to the SWS-8 speakers.

It sounds like you are saying to splice into the wires feeding the current amp from the Technic adapter and taking the spliced wires to the sub-woofer amp and use the filter to select to frequency output. Am I understanding you correctly?

Since I already sold the OEM 8" speakers, I am going to keep the 300x2 amp and use the Kicker SSMB8 speakers as referred in a previous post.

I thought it could be done that easily, but I thought I was missing a frequency range, so there had to be a little more to it.

Last edited by BMWE934me; 04-16-2014 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: text
Appreciate 0