jtblan
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E70 X5d

Garage List
  [0.00]
I'm Nervous

I purchased a 2013 x5d with 115,000 miles down in florida about a month ago and ever since my dad has been running around and getting the car squared away for me (tints, tires, oil change, etc.) since Im up in NY and haven't had a chance to come pick it up yet. He has been driving it around here and there ever since with zero issues. Just yesterday I landed here and planned on starting my 1200 mile drive back tomorrow morning. Unfortunately yesterday I was driving around the Fort Myers area and I presume I blew a valve cover gasket, a small oil fire occured down by the exhaust manifold but luckily I got it out by blowing it out. Its in the shop right now getting a new valve cover, gasket, injector gaskets etc. Since it was literally my first day in the car its got me really nervous and unsure of its capabilities to get me back to NY, I dont have much confidence in it right now. Im here to ask, after its all sorted out is there anything else that I should be worried about and should I be this uncomfortable with the thought of it getting me back home?
Appreciate 1