View Single Post
      11-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #9
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
I have a vitamix as well; Right now I am doing kefir as a base, scoop unflavored protein powder, flax seed, banana, spinach, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, pear. I don't always use all of those fruits but I have rotated them. I'll always have kefir, protein, flax seed, spinach and banana. Pear is probably my favorite tasting fruit to mix in but it is a pain to cut up. Sometimes I'll mix in almond milk with the kefir.

Oh, 1,000 posts; yay
Thanks for the suggestions. I drink kefir by itself, but never though about using it in a smoothie. I had seen flax seed pop up before, do you get the actual seeds or the oil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Not sure what your goals are but shake wise my favorite is:

I do 2 large tea spoons of peanut butter, 1 cup of low fat milk, 7 ice cubes, 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein. taste like a reese's pieces slushy

here is a link to a large variety of smoothie, protein shakes

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/proteinshakes.htm
Thanks for that link mate, some awesome suggestions there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
try that with cookie butter instead of pb...and I prefer almond milk over regular milk (so does my stomach :P )
I have been using almond milk too for my smoothies. The only problem is that it does not taste very good when used on cereal, so I always have to buy milk also.
Appreciate 0