12-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #2138
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimZ View Post
I was just about to click the order button for the rentals on a 50mm f1.4 and the 17-40mm that you suggested. The prices were pretty great but damn I couldn't justify the price of shipping!! I'm going to pick up a 50 f1.4 tomorrow from adorama.
I took a lot of pics at a wedding with the basic lens and man do they suck with quality
The shipping is not that bad considering it's UPS Second Day. But it does add to the total cost by a good amount. When it comes to per-day costs, more days cost less per day than fewer days. It's actually considerably less per day to rent for 4 weeks than it is to rent for one week. Still, when you're talking about a $350 lens like the 50mm f1.4, it's hard to justify a $100 rental bill. I rented a 50mm and the day after I got it, a good deal showed up on the local Craig's List and I bought it. So I sent the rental back after only two days.

I envy you for living in NYC and being near two great camera stores. B&H is well worth a visit as well. I love that store. I just walked up to the Canon counter last visit and asked if they had a good used 85mm f1.8. Bigger than shit, they did. I bought it right there. Another great lens.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0