View Single Post
      03-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #12
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

From earlier this week:

MOUNTED!

just the rears as I f'd up one of the wheels........still pissed about this. Will be at least a month before all 4 are mounted

They are TIGHT. I will need to raise it a bit, hopefully not much as I think it looks fantastic with these total meats stuffed in the fender wells.

went for a drive and I can tell you.......SO MUCH MORE TRACTION than street tires. Love them. 2nd gear at low boost dead hooks, 1st gear still spins a bit is still putting the power down well.

Passenger side after maybe 3 miles, not rubbing at all unless under boost, stiffening up the shocks may help a bit too.

Driver side, my fat ass is causing more on this side I guess.

thats all for now. Will be installing new GC rear perches as my current ones are messed up hopefully Sunday but time is at a serious premium these days. After that I can raise it a bit and stop the rubbing.

===================================

I just got done about 2-3 hrs of work on the car and replaced several things in the rear spring perch area. now the car is higher, 0 rubbing at all, just drove the crap out of it :eyecrazy. TRACTION!!! oh my god I have traction. i'm only running 14.5psi tapering to 12.2psi at redline right now so my power is down but its still damned fast. 1st gear spins a bit but not bad if I dont launch too aggressive, 2nd gear dead hooks even on the street :buttrock:buttrock.

when these tires wear out i'll probably go back to 265/35's out back so I can lower it back down and move to 16's or 17's in drag radials on dedicated wheels. for now though, this is FUN.

here is a quick video of launch practicing on the street.

According to this graph using my tire size 2nd gear will now go to almost 70mph. 68.xmph to be exact but since the rev limiter is raised a bit on this car to 7,200 it might hit 69.x. I ran 2nd gear to redline on that video, actually bumped the rev limiter just barely.