View Single Post
      07-29-2022, 01:27 PM   #16
nevetstoj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by demas View Post
I was going to chance it with the plastic but - murphy. Also, needed that torx bolt too. Mine looks like it might be ok but I don't even want to touch it. I changed air filters on the 550 recently and had to gently move some plastic O2 connector brackets and they literally crumbled at the touch.

On the M-Perforated knob, thought I really liked it on day one but after driving a little, I find the rectangular shape not quite fitting + all the rave reviews of the ZHP and I love the way it looks. Should be here in about a week.

Also, got a new grounding strip to see if that improves the semi-slow cranking. With the new battery it's somewhat better but mine looks like it's corroding/corroded with a green tint. $45 for a 6" piece of wire!

Hey,

This may be leading you in the wrong direction since you have a 135i, but on my 128i I also noticed slower cranking. Battery was replaced two years ago, so my assumption was either the ground strap or a tired starter motor.

My 1er is not a garage queen, gets driven daily and in winter, and is currently sitting at 288,000km.

So, about three months ago the car threw a code for the crankshaft position sensor. To this point the car was running fine and showed no engine codes, only noticeable fault with the car was the semi-slow cranking.

Although a tight space to work in, super easy to replace and can be accessed by just removing the air box. You will need a very long extension to reach the bolt holding the sensor in place

After replacement the car starts much quicker, like a new car.

Hope this helps!

(Also, attached are images of my high mile 1er )
Attached Images

Appreciate 1