12-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #82
kapkanimd
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Competition Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimdh79 View Post
Great photos kapkanimd, thanks for the upload. I'm watching both you and aloo6 intently because I am trying to do the same to my F11 5er. I have all the hardware except autoleveller wiring harness/connector. There is only one person I can find that has successfully completed a xenon retrofit on a 5 series to date and he has gone off the grid and not answering any questions in regards to his conversion.

There does seem to be more attempts made by 3series owners, so am trying to gleen as much information from your guys and then work out the differences to the 5er.

Poor weather and young children putting me off starting until spring 2014, but looking to build on my understanding prior to embarking.

Just out of curiosity, the three wires from your autolevellers, do they wire into the black junction box in photo one? Is this box already installed on the car, where do the wires go?

Thanks again for the good work to date, intrigued to see how things progress, i'm sure successfully.
the three wires go straight into the car into the ICM module which is under the center console. From there, the signal gets sent to the FEM module then off to the headlights. I would have no clue how it works with the 5 series, but maybe aloo6 can help out using his software that has all the wiring diagrams.. Maybe PM him..

As for me, I ordered up pretty much every wire connector listed on realOEM in the hopes that one of them are correct for the headlight harness. Hopefully they will be here tomorrow and I can complete the retrofit this weekend.
Appreciate 0