01-01-2024, 09:37 PM   #156
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliotw44 View Post
Wow, your Original pumpkin housing was toast. any more information about this diff? 1 way? 1.5 way? 2 way?
Toast is right, Elliot!
I confirmed it's a 1.5 way differential. Reach out to Florian (M3Post Member: "driftflodriftflo)

UPDATE #58: Let’s Get Creative

Hey everyone and welcome back to my journal!

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted, so let’s make this a good one.

This update takes place in Early 2023.

Did Your Rear Bumper Come With Those?

I’m always trying to push the boundaries, be creative and think outside the box with my ideas for Project Sky. I am bringing two such ideas to life: Rear Fog Light and Rear Diff Cooler (both of which will be incorporated into the OEM rear bumper upper valence section).

Recall this photoshopped picture of the idea:

To actually build this out, we needed to modify the OEM Rear Bumper Beam. The Bumper Beam needed to accommodate a bracket and cutout for the JDM Subaru STi Rear Fog Light I have.
I had Usic perform the necessary welding for the task.

Here are some pictures of how it turned out so far:

We will need to build a bracket to hold both the Rear Diff Cooler Pump and the Cooler itself. Once all that is integrated into the Rear Bumper Beam, it will then get powder-coated in flat black, and then ceramic coated for ease of cleaning.

Mmmmmmm…Titanium

Awhile back, I had Usic and Sierra pull my Varis/VRS Rear Diffuser System 1 off the car, as I wanted all the mismatched hardware replaced with titanium hardware.

All the titanium hardware arrived from Rick@West Coast Fasteners, and my oh my it looks great!

Be sure to check my Youtube video, which showcases Sierra assembling the diffuser with the titanium hardware:

Is There Even a Rear Window?

In efforts to lighten Project Sky, I turned my attention to the OEM Rear Screen.
With future plans to get a Carbon Fiber Roof, I thought it’d be a great idea to order a Polycarbonate Rear Screen.

The industry leaders in polycarbonate components are a company based in the UK called Plastics4Performance (P4P). I’ve purchased the exact Rear Screen for my Subaru STi, and was beyond happy with it! What’s mind-boggling is how clear the screen is…it looks fully transparent!!

I decided to buy the Left and Right Hand Rear Door Windows, as well as the Rear Screen.

Some features of the P4P products that I ordered are:
  • Motorsport lightweight Lexan / Makrolon polycarbonate in 5mm Clear Hardcoating
  • Manufactured from high quality polycarbonate sheet
  • UV protected against sunlight discolouring
  • Approximately 50% weight saving compared to glass of the same thickness
  • Each window is marked to meet MSA, FIA & ABG regulations.
  • Accurately moulded* to the curvature of the OEM glass for a perfect fit
  • CNC profile cut and ready to fit

The box arrived safely from the UK, and I’m super excited to have it on the car, enjoy a pic of it on another E90:

I’ll eventually get carbon doors, and will have the remaining windows (minus the windshield) in polycarbonate.

Concluding Thoughts

Thank-you all for your continuous support with both my Youtube Channel and my journal here on M3Post.
The next update is a MASSIVE one…

- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar

Last edited by reidetailing; 01-01-2024 at 09:42 PM..
Appreciate 3
wyatth3551.50
JobanM73.50
bipp73.50