View Single Post
      01-24-2012, 10:38 PM   #14
Rob@StrasseWheels
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G80 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan.K View Post
If so, how is it working out? How often do you go? How often should you go? Thanks in advance.
Hey Dan! I recently joined a few weeks ago and at first I despised it due to the fact that I felt like vomiting for an hour after the INTRO class haha!

After a few weeks of going I've loved it and have seen an increase in stamina and in strength!

I say give it a shot and once you do you'll be hooked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT335iTT View Post
For those of you doing it........How do you find it for gaining size? It just seems like it would get you cut but if you watch the crossfit challenge on ESPN those guys are all jacked. I would like to try it but the gym here in town is just way too expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan@VR View Post
Your diet will play a major role in it as well. If you eat right and CrossFit 4-6 times a week, you will definitely lose body fat and gain muscle.

The guys you see in the Games WOD a few times a day and eat alot more than normal people under the paleo/zone diet methods.

It is expensive, but the value you get for your dollar is worth it compared to any other gym. At my box you are basically getting personal training in a group setting every time you walk in the door. So if you go ~20 times a month your getting personal training at less than $10/HR.
I couldn't have said it any better Ryan!

To all of those wondering about gaining mass: Your diet is one of the most important parts of gaining mass/progress (Beside actually working out/WODing)! If you're looking to gain mass, throw in a weight gainer with Casein before bed and be sure to have 2-3 shakes along with about 3 HEALTHY meals daily and you'll be sure to gain mass! Remember, muscle weighs more than fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbmw1 View Post
I've been going for about 2 years. I would never go back to a conventional gym. It is really hard at first, but the results are quick and amazing. When I started, I couldn't run down the block without losing my breath.
I'm in the same boat as you!

I am still enrolled at my old gym (for no reason) and find myself doing my own WOD at home if I miss out on a day... 2 weeks in and I already had most of the progress that going to my gym for 2 months had!

Overall, I am a great supporter of CrossFit and I honestly think I will never go back to a regular gym!

@Strasse_Robert | (786)701-3649 | Robert@StrasseWheels.com | www.StrasseWheels.com
Appreciate 0