View Single Post
      08-29-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

PROCede (v1.47) 335i vs. E60 M5...a bit surprising!

No flames on this one please as I was just as surprised as most of you will be.

I was running a quick errand for my wife when up behind me came a black E60...didn't know it was an M5 at this point. Since he was on my a$s, I gunned it up to the red light (~ 1/8 mi. away) just for fun, and it took him a while, but he caught up.

Then, as the light turned green and I was still in front, I gunned it again and he didn't catch me until I put on the brakes and shut it down, since it was a urban rd. with a low speed limit. He then flew by me until the next red light; that's when I realized it was an M5...saw those quad pipes and the ///M5 logo!!!! Here's where it really got interesting.

As he took a right at the light (and I rolled up behind him), he gunned it and I followed...but he couldn't lose me; in fact, I caught up quickly and began to pull on him @ ~ 60mph - ~ 90mph when we had to shut it down again.

Yes, I know, those M5s have much more top end power, and he probably would've walked me above 120mph, but I was really under the impression that a $90k E60 M5 would walk a PROcede 335i right from the get-go...but, apparently NOT SO.

In addition, I know some of you might say...well, he didn't press that M power button. Although I don't know for sure, I'd say that he must have been in P500 M power mode (full 507HP), since he knew we were having a little fun together for several minutes and a few runs. I'm confident he pushed that little "M" button his steering wheel.

The only other things that could've inhibited him was the fact that he had 1 other guy as a passenger (and I was alone in my car), and the hot, humid weather (93 degrees F / 61% R.H.).

When we shut it down for the 3rd time, we both rolled down our windows and the 2 guys gave me a thumbsup and said that they didn't know the 335i was THAT fast! I said I have the PROcede piggyback computer and told them about my HP/TQ, and my run at the local 1/4 mi. drag strip; their jaws dropped to the floor...they nearly flipped out as they had never heard of the "PROcede 335i." I told them to look it up on the Internet!!!!!

Anyway, just thought I'd share..no flames please.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0